Monday, September 12, 2011

My sweet little bean...


Ella Bean - that's the nickname I gave my daughter when she was only a few weeks old & it has stuck. If you ask her what her name is she'll tell you "Ella Bean". She is such a wonderful little person. She is full of energy and confidence. She's a little fighter -if her brother hits her, she right there swinging back. She loves attention and affection. She is a girly girl but she is also an adventurer. My little bean turned 3 today. She is at her father's house in Colorado which is killing me inside not to even be able to hug her today. I called and sung her happy birthday -which she was less than impressed with, but I don't blame her (I know I can't sing). She was so excited telling me about her gifts - plaid boots, earrings (fake ones -I made sure I cleared that up)lipstick and nail polish. WOW- if this is what she is being showered with at 3, I'm going to be grey by the time she's 13. Talking to her on the phone she sounded like such a little girl, like a 3 year old. When she is with me, I lose sight of that because she has a great vocabulary and is very articulate, but on the phone she sounds so different. I miss her so much. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She was a scheduled c-section, so I got up at 4:30am took a shower and was on my way to the hospital. I was admitted at 5:30 and was holding my precious little girl by 8:10am. She had the cutest little round head and long little fingers that curled around mine. I love you Ella Rose or should I say Ella Bean.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture. Kids grow up fast. I'm already sad knowing that my son soon will have better grammer and pronounce words properly. I hate seeing him grow up. Thanks for sharing.
    www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete