Friday, September 9, 2011

Let me go down swinging...


When I sit back and reflect it's always the simple things that make me smile, make me happy. Having young children has allowed me to get back to some of those simple things -one of my favorite things to do is to swing. I don't even have to have my kids with me to go to the playground and swing. I enjoy this little pleasure more than I care to admit. It takes me back to being a little girl at recess - seeing how high I could swing and trying to reach the leaves on the big tree that sat in front of me. It feels as if you are flying -reaching for the clouds with every pump of your legs & sometimes if your lucky enough you might have someone there pushing you, helping you to reach your goal - the sky is the limit (so they say). The smile that comes across my face is one that I can feel and I almost feel guilty- it's a little release but MAN it feels so good. I hope that someday when I have a place of my own that I can have a tree swing in my backyard. I would love to be able to swing at night and reach for the stars, feel like a little girl again and simply smile - content, happy and lost in my own world. Simple pleasures = simple life = happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment