Monday, March 29, 2010

Goodnight Moon

I enjoy the moon. It makes me feel connected and protected. I like thinking that I am looking at the same thing as someone miles and miles away. That makes me smile.

New Year's Eve was a blue moon. A blue moon is when there is 2 full moons in a month. Since the lunar cycle is only 29 days it does happen, but very rare. That's when my little obsession with full moons began. I had no idea there was so much information out there about the moon. Each month the full moon has a name, this month some call the Worm Moon and some the Storm Moon. Native Americans would give the moon a name to represent the season that they were entering into. This month's represents the beginning of spring.

I have never danced by the light of the moon - this will need to change. Not tomorrow because it is still cold at night here, but soon... very soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment