Monday, March 22, 2010

One year

So- the last time my mom came to see me was St. Patty's day last year. WOW -it's been a hard week. For some reason I've been keeping it in and trying to hold strong. Tonight my brother posted that he ate Butter Pecan ice cream and he would always think of mom, well, that just made me lose it. I miss her so much. I can picture her clear as day in front of the airport giving me a hug and kiss and telling each other we loved the other. That was the last moment I had with her. I don't think I would change a second, we hugged long enough and everything else was a perfect goodbye, but why did it have to be my last. Watching her read books with Aydan was a site that I never thought I'd see, my mom wasn't the best reader and avoided it usually. Just one moment in my mom's lap and Ella was as happy as can be. Those are only a few of the memories that I have from her visit, the one that sucks is us making plans for this spring. I miss my mom.

1 comment:

  1. I felt a ping when I read the butter pecan comment too. It was so her. I miss you. I am glad to see you've come out of the bloggy closet.

    ReplyDelete