Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Days are long...


So - I haven't written in over a year, but I feel the need and desire to write again. Plus, my main reason is that I need to keep myself busy - my kids are at their father's house in CO for this month and next, yep, 2 months away from my babies. It's hard considering that this time last year I was a stay at home mom, spending every minute of every day with them. They are my sunshine and I miss them terribly. Aydan, my 4 year old is all about video games and Star Wars. He can tell you more stuff about Star Wars then some men that grew up with the originals, he's a very smart little guy. Ella is my sassy almost 3 year old. She's a charmer (God help me when she gets older). She loves people, being around people and being showered with affection - and she LOVES her big brother, so anything Aydan likes, she does too. I think one of the funniest things she does is every time we go to my sister's house, no matter what - she'll ask for cereal - the girl can eat, but only when she wants and what she wants. She really does have a mind of her own - I love it. But I miss my kids, I miss reading them stories before bed, even if Ella makes me get 50 things before she'll settle down. I miss them fighting with each other over who gets to sit next to me at the dinner table. I miss how they will get up in the morning and come crawl into bed with me. I just miss their little faces. I do get to see them over skype, but it's not the same - I can't hug them, give them kisses or rub their backs (I always rub their backs when they go to sleep). It's just that I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment